Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors setup with SLI Nvidia
capoalex   2005-12-02 03:31
Going through the forum I tried to find a solution to the question "how to set up a fast 3 monitor solution for gaming ".
I mean a fast one, not the MATROX PARHELIA, which I tested and found not adequate for High Level Gaming (Flight Simulation ).
Now I have the latest NVIDIA SLI solution , 2 ASUS 7800 GTX PCIExp cards , which works fine in single or dual monitor, including horizontal span.
But no solution for 3 monitor in horizontal span!
The NVIDIA driver simply does not accept 3 monitors in horizontal span: the maximum you can get is 2 monitors in horizontal span, and one additional monitor.
But having 2 monitors in horizontal span means that the center of your image is exactly in between the 2 monitors!
Anybody found a solution to that?

Capoalex
justmoon   2005-12-03 05:55
I'm working on the same problem, only that:
1. I haven't purchased anything yet.
2. I want to play on six monitors.

To my current knowledge it is possible, but only with nvidia cards and only with lots of trickery. I'll keep you updated if I find out how to do it.
Lord   2005-12-06 08:51
yes its not possible AT THE MOMENT! I have got two GF6600 with 3 flatscreen monitors ( all over DVI) and it is not working.
BUT: with the newest driver i _CAN_ do sli without a bridge, so this shows that fast framebuffer transmission can be achieved through software mode drivers over the PCI-E BUS! The problem just is that they dont do it :(
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors setup with SLI Nvidia