Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Asked to death :( TV/DVD in Secondary's window?
riz   2001-06-19 09:19
I've searched through a lot of posts and there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer... Is there any PCI card that can be used as the secondary card that will allow my primary cards' (All-In-Wonder Radeon) TV and/or DVD player to be viewed on the second monitor?

riz
Christian Studer   2001-06-20 11:20
This is mostly a software issue. I'm not sure about the TV tuner, but DVD certainly works on secondary monitors, with the right software.

I tested this on my laptop, ATI RAGE MOBILITY as primary card, a Margi Display-to-Go as secondary. WinDVD can't play on the secondary monitor (it even crashes if the Display-to-Go is present), but using a DVD player from Microsoft (a sample for software developers), I could watch fullscreen DVD on the Display-to-Go with no problems at all.

Most likely you won't be able to use any special hardware acceleration for DVD playback that your primary card provides, but with a fast CPU this shouldn't be a problem.

A fullscreen video/DVD player with multi-monitor support is planned for UltraMon, no release date has been set yet.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Asked to death :( TV/DVD in Secondary's window?