Forums -> Multiple monitors -> re-booting some programs on dual monitor
Scott Kinyo   2005-12-14 05:17
I have 2 monitors (via on-board video and a 2nd video card Radeon 9250 PCI). I have the dual monitors setup. I want some of my programs that are in my "start up folder" to boot on monitor 1 and the others to boot up on monitor 2. The program in question is WaveReader (CCTV viewing program). This program will always boot up on monitor 1. I can move it to monitor 2, but after re-booting, the program is back on monitor 1. I want it to boot up on monitor 2. My op. sys. is Windows XP Pro
David DeRolph   2005-12-14 15:15
Hi there. I'm the person who referred you to this site from PC Magazine. I'd still like to know, can you get ANY program to stay on the second monitor after startup? If you have MS Office installed, try it with Word, Excel, etc. and see whether they will continue to launch on the second monitor after a startup.

As I mentioned to you in the other forum, I discovered that Norton Anti-Virus can be moved to my second monitor but will revert back to the primary monitor if I close it and re-open it.

I believe you need to clearly state whether you get other programs to stick with with second monitor. It's a necessary troubleshooting step in resolving this question.
Sk   2005-12-14 23:51
Yes, I can get MS Word to appear on the 2nd monitor after I re-boot. Wether I place MS Word completely on monitor 1 or completely on monitor 2, it will appear on which ever monitor I last put it after shutting down and re-booting.
David DeRolph   2005-12-15 01:14
OK, so that indicates the problem is specific to WaveReader. And, WaveReader simply be one of those programs, just like Norton Anti-Virus and Norton Personal Firewall on my system, that won't behave the way you want them to behave; they won't stick with the second monitor.

Can you contact the vendor for WaveReader and ask about this? Maybe they have some support info on their website.

Really, moving a program from one monitor to the other is a fairly simple matter; should only take a couple seconds or so. Is this issue worth pursuing further?
Christian Studer   2005-12-15 06:55
UltraMon can position applications, but you would need to test if it works with that specific application.

To set this up, right-click the application shortcut, select Properties from the menu, then select the UltraMon - Window tab and configure the settings as desired.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> re-booting some programs on dual monitor