Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Set-up Issues
Jester89   2005-12-17 05:17
I have two monitors that I am trying to set-up and currently have UltramMon installed however, I do not think I have the settings correct. Here is a list of my issues.

* Sometimes I cannot take the cursor from the primary montior over to the secondary monitor

* If I open a game on the primary monitor and right click on the task bar to move it to the secondary it moves for a second and then it moves right back to the primary

* My two monitors are vastly different. One is a 17 " VGA and the other is a 65" HDTV. Will this cause a problem during set-up?

Thanks
Christian Studer   2005-12-17 09:52
To fix the issue with the cursor, make sure the monitors are positioned correctly in display settings (UltraMon menu > Display Settings).

Games usually can't be moved to a different monitor, and most games will only run on the primary monitor. If you want to run the game on the other monitor, you could set it as primary before launching the game.

Different monitors shouldn't be an issue.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Jester89   2005-12-18 05:07
Thank you for the reply. I will look into my settings as far as the cursor is concerned.

Am I correct in assuming that I can set-up hot keys for the folowing settings.

- switching between which monitor is the primary and secondary.

- display settings for the HDTV so that whatever program I am using I don't have to continue to go into the setup to reconfigure

Thank you.
Christian Studer   2005-12-18 11:02
Yes, you can do this by creating display profiles with the desired settings, and then run them via hotkey.

Hotkeys can be configured under UltraMon Options > Hotkeys, look for the 'Apply display profile' action.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Set-up Issues