Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dragging windows between monitors problem
Terrence   2005-12-21 03:42
Hello All. I'm having an issue with dragging windows (any) between monitors. The problem seems to be a refresh problem where often the window being dragged will end up "choppy" or might disappear all together. I must minimize and restore the window from the task bar to refresh it.

I have this problem, with or without Ultramon and with all other applications and utilities closed. I'm running with an ATI Mobility and the latest supported drivers for my laptop. This problem seems to have started about a week ago and for the life of me I cannot figure out what I might have changed to cause this.

See a capture of an example of the problem here:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6487/376/1600/Capture1.jpg

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks.
Googlebait   2005-12-21 09:45
Errors coming in on all fronts... Access Denied.

To answer your question, I've had the same problem. It's a performance issue. Normally I get that when dragging FROM the low-end card TO a high-end card. Radeon to Radeon, for example is no problem. From the Xpert/128 to the Radeon, is choppy. Vice Versa is OK.

[ DamnedNice | Blog |E-mail ]
Terrence   2005-12-21 11:26
Hmm.. strange about the access denied.

In my case, I'm using one video card on a laptop with an external monitor connected via the docking station. It had been working beautifully. It does seem as though the problem may have begun around the time I installed UltraMon, but even with it uninstalled the problem persists.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dragging windows between monitors problem