Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 Monitors to Acer LapTop????
Patrick   2005-12-30 04:33
Hello!
First I got to say that I'm not at all a computer expert but I can accomplished the set-up I want if I get some help, I'm a pretty quick learner!!

I read some articles on this site but I'm still not sure what to do, how to do it, or if it can be done at all!! And I want to do it the cheapest way possible!!

Ok here it is!! I have a LapTop Acer Travelmate 4654 LMi 2005, my card is a Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family. I have one VGA and one DVI output on it.

Here is what I want to do: I want to hook-up 2 LCD flat screen monitors and a keybord to my LapTop, close the lid and be able to surf the net and have 2 different web pages displayed on my 2 monitors and not use the LapTop built in monitor.

So basicly I want to have my desktop window displayed on both monitors, but I want them to be individual from eachother for surfing the net and working with programs!! Also when desired mabe have one image stretch on both!!

It give's on the site here a list of Chipsets with multi-monitor support included. Mine is not in that list, see above, so does that mean for sure that my LapTop is not multi-monitor supported? Can somebody confirmed me if it is or not supported? Or how can I found that out?

I don't play games, I surf the net alot and use some MSoffice programs and others at times. So What would be a good and cheap monitor to buy?

Thanks alot for your help!!

PAtrick
Patrick   2005-12-30 11:47
Ok I just saw that a DVI splitter exists, so I could have 1 DVI in from my LapTop to that splitter box and 2 DVI signal out to my monitors! Apparently without any distorsion etc... But it's expensive, about $300!!

I also saw that A cable, VGA female from my laptop to DVI-A monitor port exist to! For about $20.

Remember I have one VGA and one DVI-D output on my laptop??

So could use that "converter" cable on my VGA port and a regular DVI cable from my DVI port to the other monitor? Would that work? I wouldn't have to buy the expensive splitter box !!

By the way I still didn't find out if my card is mutli monitors enable!!

Patrick
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 Monitors to Acer LapTop????