Forums -> Multiple monitors -> stepmania
llama   2006-01-16 07:43
i have tried creating a shortcut for stepmania (a ddr game) to force it to run on my secondary display. although it will properly move the initial "loading" window, when the fullscreen window pops up, it is still located on the primary display. is this the behavior for all directx apps or does this just happen because ultramon forgets to apply the setting to subsequent windows? thanks in advance!
Christian Studer   2006-01-16 10:01
UltraMon usually can't move games, what you could do is change the primary monitor before launching the game, this way the game would run on the correct monitor.

You can do this via the UltraMon settings for the shortcut.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
llama   2006-01-18 13:10
thanks for the quick response... i actually have tried that (i just had a poor choice of words). unfortunately, this particular program will still show up on monitor 1 even if it isn't the primary. kind of frustrating. the only thing that works is disabling monitor 1 (forcing it to monitor 2). unfortunately, trying to re-enable monitor 1 in a few seconds steals focus and then stepmania doesn't restore in the right place. seems to be an unfixable problem with things as they are (it seems this program does not like to play by the rules).
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> stepmania