Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem with Microsoft Office/Access 2000 on secondary monitor
Christie   2006-01-20 06:16
I am using XP. I have tried three video cards and all work well. However, when I put Microsoft Access on the secondary monitor. It eventually locks up. I read that Microsoft Office products like Excel, Word, Access etc... have problems knowing which monitor to display to. You may have the main program open in the primary monitor and it will flash a help menu in the secondary monitor. I am using Office 2000 and wondered if anyone else had this problem and if Office 2003 had solved these issues.

Thanks for any insite you can provide.
Christie
Christian Studer   2006-01-20 10:58
Office 2003 works fine for me with multiple monitors, I don't use Access that much though.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ECarlson   2006-01-21 16:19
I use Access 2000 extensively on both of my monitors, and have not had any problems. Have you run Office Update to make sure your Office 2000 has all the latest service packs and patches?

Also, are your BIOS and OS up to date? And are you using a known-stable version of the video driver?

If you've done all of the above, then maybe try a lower video acceleration setting (at least temporarilly) to see if that helps.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
ECarlson   2006-02-02 10:30
Christie: Are you there? Anything new to report?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem with Microsoft Office/Access 2000 on secondary monitor