Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitor - Code 10 on AGP
Kyle   2006-01-20 15:31
Ok first some specs:

ASUS A7N8X-X flashed with latest bios (10).
Sapphire Radeon 9200SE 128 - AGP
Hightexh Excalibur Radeon 9250 128 - PCI (dual head)
Win2k

I get a code 10 - device cannot start error in device manager on the AGP card.

If i set the bios to pci it boots with the 2 monitors running off the 9250 pci card fine, but the agp monitor stays dead.

If i set the bios to agp the agp card runs fine until it loads windows at which point it freezes on the "starting windows" screen and the 2 monitors running off the 9250 work normally.

Ive used driver cleaner to remove all legacy drivers and reinstalled drivers without all the extra ATI CCC stuff.

Any ideas?
Kyle   2006-01-20 15:59
Also it might be worth noting that although the agp 9200se doesnt have a second output it does have a secondary adapter listed in device manager and it does not have any errors.
James E.   2006-01-22 00:57
I have received a similar error message on my previous computer setup -- although, my issue was with my PCI card rather than my AGP card. After I did some experimentation, I noticed that the issue occurred after I have attempted to upgrade my video drivers. However, my setup appeared to work fine when I used the driver version that came with the cards.
Kyle   2006-01-22 10:42
Ok got it sorted.

Another driver clean and an install of the omega drivers for the 9200 and its working perfectly.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitor - Code 10 on AGP