Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Quadro FX + PCI GeForce
Kris   2006-02-02 20:58
Hi,
I have a Quadro FX3400 with 2 24" TFT's and I want to add a PCI card for TV-out by composite or a second PCIe card for TV-out (HD with a dvi).
Is it possible to play a video in a small window on my desktop and send it full-screen to the second card? What about presentations? I would like to use it for powerpoint's so that I can send the presentation to the HD-TV in my office that should be connected to the CAD workstation as well as both the TFT's.
- Do I lose OpenGL acceleration?
Thanks a lot
Kris
Kris   2006-02-14 01:30
Is there anyone who can give me some answers??
Christian Studer   2006-02-16 10:58
The video mirroring feature of your video card won't work across cards, but running a slideshow on the TV wouldn't be a problem with PowerPoint 2000 and later, PowerPoint supports specifying the monitor on which the slideshow should be shown.

Installing an additional video card should have no effect on OpenGL acceleration on the monitors connected to the primary video card.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Kris   2006-02-27 20:00
Thanks for the reply Christian.
Is there a chance this would be a future option? I know it can be don't with Matrox cards and Matrox Powerdesk.
Is there an option to write extensions on ultra-mon by myself?
Regards
Christian Studer   2006-03-01 10:33
I don't think that UltraMon could do this with reasonable performance and image quality, the problem is that mirroring video is tricky due to video overlays.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Quadro FX + PCI GeForce