Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multi monitor newbie
clark   2006-02-22 03:06
Hi,
I have 2 extra monitors sitting around in my garage and I would like to have a 3 monitor system. I am running windows XP pro. What is the least expensive way to have 3 independent displays and also be able to watch TV on of the monitors? After reading some of the info on this sight I a bit confused. I would like to be able to drag the windows from on display to the other. I don't want to have the same image on each monitor or have it stretched accosted the displays. What video cards do you recommend? For the TV should I use a separate TV Tuner card or on of those All-in-wonder cards by ATI?
Christian Studer   2006-02-23 10:32
What's your current video card? Does it already support two monitors?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Clark   2006-02-23 17:08
The card is an AGP Xabre 400 Manufactured by SiS. It has an VGA and a DVI interface on the card but I am unable to get 2 independent display's. My only choices in the driver Mod Settings are single or mirror.

Thanks for the reply
Christian Studer   2006-02-26 09:11
I would add a dualhead PCI video card for the 2 additional monitors, and either install a TV tuner card or replace your existing AGP video card with an All-in-Wonder card.

With the All-in-Wonder you might have the problem that the TV application only works on the primary monitor, at least this used to be the case with the AIW cards.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multi monitor newbie