Forums -> Multiple monitors -> which second card would you recomend?
cmex   2001-07-10 17:16
hi,
i have SIS 6326 AGP 8 mb video card.. and want to get a second one for seecond monitor i just got.. it's a really old monitor so i need like 2 mb card no more.. and shold be PCI.. please which card would you recommend for me to get?

thank you
cmex
AFireInside   2001-07-21 11:42
I have the same exact card, but its as my secondary card. For my primary I have a Voodoo 3 2000. I dont think it really matters which kind of card you get. As long as its PCI and the drivers support multimonitor. If you get another card and it dosen't work properly as a secondary, you can change the setting from AGP to PCI in the bios for the first initialzed card and use the SiS card for the secondary, because I know for a fact that it will work.

Oh and the size/speed of the video card you are going to get shouldn't matter. I dont know much about cheap cards or anything, but am pretty sure that it wont make a difference. As long as its PCI it should work. Because any card you get will let you change refresh rates and color depths to accomodate your monitor. You may want to check out your local flea market or some place similar for cheap cards.

If you want to see my computer profile, its in the multimon database. http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/details.asp?Config=2107-2107
Winger300   2001-07-25 03:09
The S3 virge has always made a good secondary card for me. They are really cheap too, so you should be able to pick one up for next to nothing
Kirin   2001-07-29 00:06
Don't go with xpert98 from ATI. It works, but once in a while you may get garbage on the screen. You can recognise the picture, but the colors are all mixed up (and it wasn't because I used 256 colors).

I am using xpert128 from ATI now and it works fine. When I was using the latest drivers from ATI, I couldn't activate the second card. I went back to win ME original drivers and it works fine. The only problem I have now is that Windows ME don't shutdown completely.
Paul   2001-07-30 09:36
I wish somebody would've told me about the Xpert 98 before I bought it. Oh well, been running it as secondary for a few months now and it's working great at 1280x1024x24 @ 90Hz so maybe I'm lucky.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> which second card would you recomend?