Forums -> Multiple monitors -> GeForce 6200 dual monitor display problem
h2   2006-03-03 13:18
I just got my second [analog] lcd monitor. I'm using a dvi-i to analog vga adaptor to run it.

The twinview stuff is working fine, but I'm seeing a really odd problem: the monitor that is running through the dvi-i => vga adaptor has a distorted display, it doesn't have much contrast, it's bright. Using the monitor settings doesn't do anything, this problem is coming from the dvi to vga port. Both monitors display the same when I put them on either the vga or the dvi-i => vga adaptor port.

The display is correct in the vga port, and lacking contrast in the dvi-i => vga port.

There's obviously something wrong, I've never read about this problem before, and I couldn't find anything on it searching.

Again, this is not a driver problem, the issue occurs in windows, in linux, at the bootup screen, the post data, it's the same. So it's not a driver issue.

The video card is by gigabyte, if it matters. GeForce 6200. Twinview works, in windows and linux, no problems with that.

Both monitors are samsung lcd, 710N and 740N. Both display the same depending on which port I plug them into, it's the ports that are causing the display issues, not any monitor or driver settings.

My guess is either a bad video card, I never tested this before. Or a bad adaptor, although that would be strange. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

thanks if anyone can help on this, I've been banging my head against the wall all day trying to figure it out.
h2   2006-03-03 14:37
flashing the video card drivers with the latest bios version fixed the problem, in case anyone else has this issue.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> GeForce 6200 dual monitor display problem