Forums -> Multiple monitors -> NVIDIA 7800GTX 512MB with TWO Dell 2405FPW 24-inch Displays
bradleyd   2006-03-05 05:14
OK so I just got this new system, with the NVIDIA 7800GTX 512MB SLI gphx card and then also 2 Dell 24" widescreens.

What I want to be able to do is to support one background on my computer (that spans both screens) without having to set my monitors up in 'mirror' mode.

Right now I have everything working great and as I want it, desktop extends onto second monitor, applications contstrain to 1 screen or the other, and the resolution is currently set to 3840 x 1200.

Is this even possible with just one of the Nvidia 7800gtx cards, or do i have to get another? Also I notice when I boot my machine I get a little popup that says "This machine is capable of utilizinf SLI mode, click here to enable" -- This confuses me since I only have ONE 7800gtx card, and I though t you needed TWO in order to use the SLI feature?

ANY help on this would be great, I have little knowledge about monitors and cards, I just know that I appreciate forums like this!

Thanks anyone!

bradley d
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> NVIDIA 7800GTX 512MB with TWO Dell 2405FPW 24-inch Displays