Forums -> Multiple monitors -> vaio laptop, 2 external screens desired, ATI MOB radeon x700
ThreeIsles   2006-03-12 20:54
Hello,

I have just been supplied with a new vaio laptop. I'm used to using a setup with three screens on my old desktop, and would like to emulate this as much as possible.

Particularly what I would like is to have two external monitors working off this new laptop (if the laptop screen has to be switched off to enable the second monitor, this is ok, though three screens would be better).

My laptop has a VGA output, and the docking station has both DVI and VGA outputs.

So, while it is possible to physically connect both 19" external monitors, only one is used by the computer to display when you extend the windows desktop.

My Graphics card is ATI mobility Radeon X700, and the software which comes with the computer to control this is ATI CATALYST CONTROL CENTER.

All three screens are visible (as being attached to the computer) in the display manager window of the control center, but it only allows 2 screens to actually display data. You can swap between the screen that is selected by selecting the disabled screen, but then the first one turns off.

There seems to be no way of getting both 19" external screens to work, with or without the laptop screen as well.

I was wondering if anyone knows any software or other cheap solutions to enable using multiple external monitors on the laptop.

Thanks in advance for your help
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> vaio laptop, 2 external screens desired, ATI MOB radeon x700