Forums -> Multiple monitors -> disable secondary monitor issue
Garth Pecor   2006-03-15 05:19
I need a solution that will allow me to switch off/on a second monitor at the touch of a button while in clone mode. (Like a laptop turning on/off external monitor using the funtion/fkeys)I downloaded your software and it has a feature of disabling secondary monitor but at same time it puts it into extended desktop mode, while i want to keep it in clone mode.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Christian Studer   2006-03-15 09:43
You could do this by using UltraMon mirroring instead of the video card's clone mode, please note that UltraMon mirroring is done via software, and is slower than the video card's clone mode.

Unfortunately UltraMon can't switch the video card between single-monitor and clone mode.

To set this up, disable the secondary monitor, select Mirroring > Settings from the UltraMon menu, then select the disabled monitor and configure it to mirror the primary monitor. When mirroring starts, the monitor will get enabled, and when you stop mirroring, it will get disabled again.

To start/stop mirroring via hotkey, go to UltraMon Options > Hotkeys, then create a new 'Run application or script' hotkey which runs the following command:

"%ProgramFiles%\UltraMon\UMMirrorClient.exe" /start

The hotkey to stop mirroring needs to run the following command:

"%ProgramFiles%\UltraMon\UMMirrorClient.exe" /stop

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> disable secondary monitor issue