Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Not able to see DVD video on 2nd monitor
Jordan Stevens   2006-03-25 15:37
I am using a Dell 2001FP connected by DSub to a Dell Latitude Laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 video card. I have the monitro used a a 2nd monitor with my windows desktop extended onto it. For some reason when I attempt to play DVD video, I am unable to see the footage playing when the player is on the 2nd monitor. If I drag the player to my laptop screen I am immediately able to see it. I have tried using the DVI-D connection instead, but it had the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Jordan Stevens   2006-04-28 00:02
Bump, please help.
mds82   2006-04-28 06:51
you need software to recognize your 2 monitors as one single monitor. Then you need to turn off hardware accelearation and they it can work. I wouldnt recomend it though because its not fun to watch with a split in the screen
Tom   2006-04-29 08:16
Since you have the ATI card, use the ATI Catalyst software to do it. Choose the cloning mode and then choose theater or same options. Works great.
janone   2006-05-08 08:45
Which monitor is designated as primary? I think the DVD will play on the primary monitor only. Worth a try. This may not be completely accurate, but it is what happens in my configuration. DVD will only play on my primary monitor.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Not able to see DVD video on 2nd monitor