Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How do I remove a secondary monitor from my system
Johnny Red   2006-04-02 02:59
I tested using a secondary monitor and didn't really like it. It was easy to set up, and windows and my graphics card easily recognized it. But now I'd like Windows and my graphics card to forget it ever existed. The second monitor still appears in the windows display settings and also in the software for the graphics card [ATI 9550]. I just want to go back to where I was before I tried the secondary monitor.

Johnny Red
ECarlson   2006-04-02 03:17
1. In display properties, highlight the second monitor, and uncheck "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor"

2. Disconnect your second monitor. (You can also reboot if you want.)

That should be all you need to do, unless you used span mode, then step 1 would be a litle different because you would have to go into the monitor driver software and turn off span mode instead, and you might have to reboot to accept the change.

Even if the second monitor still shows up as inactive after that, you can ignore it.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How do I remove a secondary monitor from my system