Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Primary Monitor
Doug   2006-04-17 17:07
XP Home, 7800GTX.

My primary and secondary monitors are correctly assigned. Applications are initiated on the primary and the first splash screens in apps like Outlook are displayed on the primary, but the full app is then displayed on the secondary.

This has only recently started. Before, the app would remember which monitor to run on, but apart from splash screens all now want to run on the secondary.

Any ideas?

Regards
Josh   2006-04-17 17:32
Sometimes I've noticed issues like this. Usually I've resolved them by disabling the secondary monitor entirely trying to run a program normally, make sure it appears on the primary and then just reconfiguring the secondary monitor. I know it's not perfect but it's worked for me.
Doug   2006-04-17 18:08
Hi Josh,
I tried that (unplugging, etc) and even opened Outlook with the the secondary monitor disabled in Properties/Settings with Outlook on what normally is the primary, went back and then enabled the second monitor and instantly Outlook was displayed on the secondary

But thanks for the suggestion.
Brad   2007-01-25 22:18
Just drag the app back onto the primary monitor, maximize it on the primary, then close it....

Upon reopening the app, it should open in the primary window.

It's much like how in order to get a window to open in maximized mode, you have to first expand it all the way then close it, then reopen it. Upon successive openings, it should open at the same size you last closed it. Same concept, I think.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Primary Monitor