Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Display, but with different resolutions?
tommo123   2006-04-21 23:57
I have a PCI-E 7800GT card that i have connected a Dell 30" 3007 monitor to as well as a sony HS50 projector.

My problem is, that i want to effectively clone the display but both display devices use different resolutions.

the Dell LCD runs @ 2650x1600 and,
the Sony HS50 runs @ 1280x720

if i clone the display as it stands now with the Dells resolution then i get massive spanning movements on the Sony. the other way around means no image at all on the Dell as it doesnt support 1280x720.

I cant find a way to get these to run together, could Ultramon help me out with this?

--
TJ
Josh   2006-04-22 07:25
No, you can't clone at a diffrent resolutions. The resolutions have to match or else there will be black area (If the cloned one is bigger) or it will scroll (If the cloned one is smaller).

You could use the second monitor as an extended desktop or you could set them both to the same res and clone that.
ECarlson   2006-04-22 08:38
UltraMon's software-based clone function might be able to mirror a screen to another screen with a different resolution. It won't be as high-performance as hardware mirroring though, which does require the same resolution on both. I don't have UltraMon, so I can't answer for sure.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
tommo123   2006-04-22 11:57
hmm. i tried just now with nvidias built in options under "digital flat panel settings" but no joy. tried all 4 of these and no joy

# Display Adapter Scaling
# Centered Output
# Monitor Scaling
# Fixed Aspect Ratio Scaling

your suggestion of a clone mode may do me.

i was trying to get this going with my 30" dell on 1 port and my 24" dell on the other. any of the above would span off the screen on the 24" dell due to the resolution diff (2650x1600 v 1920x1200). if ultramon would let me take the 2650x1600 image and output a resized signal to the 24" dell then that is what i need - assuming of course that overlay works on both

any tips on how to do this? i've never used ultramon before
ECarlson   2006-04-22 13:24
There have been other posts here in the past about using UltraMon clone mode. You can do a forum search to find them. You might also look in the "UltraMon" forum, instead of the "Multiple Monitors" forum, since there might be more UltraMon users in that forum.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Display, but with different resolutions?