Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three monitors, two cards, need help
Sean   2006-04-23 16:25
I have two 20" LCDs and am adding a 24" LCD. Right now I have an ATi X700 PCI-Express video card. I plan to upgrade to Vista and want to have all the pretty 3D effects. I have had poor luck finding any PCI DX9 cards, and even less luck finding PCI-Express X4 or X8 cards. My desktop only has one X16 slot, and X8 slot and an X1 slot.

Anyone have any suggestions?
MasteR   2006-04-25 04:22
PCI versions of the GeForce FX5200 are still being made and have the capability to run vista with all the pretty stuff. I recently purchased 2 or them for a 6 screen desktop and despite the bus limitations, have proved to be very capable little beasties indeed. The big thing is they have full DX9.0 support, come with ample ram, support dual displays and most importantly are able to function without being set to primary in BIOS. I found mine through a dealer on e-bay in New York (i live in australia, so, pretty long haul).
yair   2006-04-25 18:00
hi austerlian man, do a commbination of a pci 5200 and an agp 5200 will give me opengl across al screens?
from the faq i understand that only low budget nvidia cards can prefom that miricle. what u sya?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three monitors, two cards, need help