Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon X1900 XTX
Alam Shah   2006-04-27 07:14
I have a (Motherboard) Asus A8R32- MVP Deluxe (ATI CrossFire Express 3200) (Has 2 PCI express x16 slots) CrossFire ready, 650w Power supply, 2 gig ram, 300 Mb HD, DVD,and a Sapphire Radeon X1900 Cross Fire Edition (master) and a Radeon X1900 XTX (Slave). I have installed three monitors. Two monitors on the master and one on the slave graphics card. The system works fine. Using the ATI Catalyst control center I can create a Horizontal stretch on monitor 1 and 2. But there are no settings to include monitor 3. Each monitor has a native res of 1280 by 1020, if I set the Horizontal stretch on monitor 1 and 2 I get a rez of 2560 by 1024(on 2 monitors). My intention is to create a Horizontal stretch on monitor 1 and 2 and 3 and get a rez of 3820 by 1020(on all 3 monitors). A example of what I want to do can be found on the Matrox web site, http://www.matrox.com/graphics/offhome/th2go/gaming/list.cfm
This is a picture of what I want to do! The game does not care how many monitors there are, the game sees just a one very big monitor!
ECarlson   2006-04-27 11:03
As you'll see if you read many of the posts here, SPAN mode (where Windows is fooled into thinking everything is one large monitor) only works for monitors on the same physical card. (Matrox makes a card that can span 3 monitors.)

There are special cards for spanning video across multiple monitors and multiple cards, but those are special cards for video displays (not 3D gaming), and are very expensive.

Some people have had success with running some games in a window, instead of full-screen, and stretching that window to cover more than 2 monitors.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
MatrixV   2006-04-27 17:10
Hi,ECarlson,

You said there are special cards for spanning video across multiple monitors and multiple cards (2D), can you give me more detail about them. I have known Matrox has such products, which can span all monitors into a large size vitual screen, but the effect of video playback is not so good.

Thanks

MatrixV
ECarlson   2006-04-28 13:03
See this thread.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon X1900 XTX