Forums -> Multiple monitors -> splitt 1 monitor into two screens which behave as two independent monitors
pancho   2006-04-28 08:24
Hello experts,

I am wondering if there exists a possibility to split e.g. a huge monitor like a "Samsung 213T" into two or more screens which do behave as if they were two or more independently working monitors.

As far as I often use window maximizing under Win XP and do not nead such a lot of monitor space for only one application, I would like to split one screen into several smaller once. In order to monitor several applications at one glance.

Does anybody know whether there exists a software solution out there?

Please understand me right, I don't want to have my desk cluttered up with several monitors and my PC using several cards and so on.

I hope I got my point through - sorry for my bumpy english.

kind regards,

pancho
Brian Goetz   2007-03-29 07:37
I would love to see this feature too! I'm about to take possession of a 24" Dell monitor (1920x1200), and would love to be able to split it into two "virtual" monitors.

Windows makes it easy to maximize a window to the monitor size. When editing presentations, it is really nice to have two presentations in full-screen mode on two monitors.

Any plans for this?
David DeRolph   2007-03-29 12:53
If you want to do this, then why not buy two smaller monitors in the first place? Makes more sense to me. Many video cards now support two monitors, and adding an inexpensive PCI card for a second monitor is easy.
Anla-shok   2007-03-29 15:32
I use this script to properly manage my spanned monitor array.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/forum/messages.asp?Topic=2741&tmpl=UltraMon
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> splitt 1 monitor into two screens which behave as two independent monitors