Forums -> Multiple monitors -> The Best of the Best: OpenGL/GLX/Stero/Multi-monitor
Obssesion   2001-07-23 06:49
THE BEST OF THE BEST... I think!

I have tested on this hardware:

Windows 2000 (SP2)
Dual Pentium III - 866 on MSI 694d
ELSA Nvidia Gforce 2 Ultra AGP 64MB-DDR (primary monitor)
Creative Nvidia Gforce 2MX PCI 32MB-SDR (secondary monitor)
Detonator 14.20 with SoftQuadro Patch (openGL active for multi-monitor)
2xELSA Revelator IRF

Tested software with Hardware acceleration/Stereo view on primary monitor (with secondary always enabled):

·All TGS OpenInventor based software: 3Space Assistant, Quadro View, OI demos, Amira, etc.
·WebLab Wiewer Pro 4.0
·Attachmate KEA! X Server 5.0

Using KEA! X Server I can run in a REMOTE Silicon Graphics O2 this software (yes! running the program in remote machine and viewing full hardware accelerated in my Windows workstation):

·All OpenInventor demos (stereo don’t work well).
·NOODLE demo (stereo FULL !!!)
·???

RESUME: Actually IT IS possible use FULL OpenGL/GLX/Stereo/Multi-monitor in Windows 2000.

Obssesion.
EZToms   2001-07-23 17:53
Nice to see that OpenGL is now working on all screens, what that the 14.20 drivers that helped, does it work as well with 12.41 ?

EZToms
Obssesion   2001-07-23 19:35
Detonator 14.20 works BEST than 12.41/12.90… speaking about OpenGL support for multi-monitor. Now you can lunch many (not all) OpenGL software with the secondary monitor enabled. This behavior it’s only tested with two Nvidia cards and with the special option for OpenGL in multi-monitor enabled.
Christian Studer   2001-07-23 21:37
With your configuration, can you also run OpenGL apps with full hardware acceleration on the secondary monitor?

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
NakedApe   2001-07-24 05:03
GREAT INFO! I've been looking for a solution like this for a long time!

I'll test it with Maya to see if that will work. If anyone has tried this with 3D applications like Softimage, 3DSMAX, etc. please post that info here! After all, what good is OPENGL without a proper 3D application (unless you're really into screensavers).. Maybe the database section could have a section prompting for frequently used applications for those looking to get dual display on a specific program?

BTW: I already have soft Quadro and it's great. Nearly doubled my AWadvs score.

More to come once I test..

Cheers!
Obssesion   2001-07-25 17:38
For OpenGL hardware acceleration in secondary monitor, with Detonator 14.20 not run all applications than with 14.90. The best difference it’s that with 14.20 you don’t need to disable/re-enable the secondary monitor at lunch of the program.

Other not good behavior with both drivers it’s that you can’t leave the program in two monitors. For these reason you need to use UltraMon to directly move the program to second monitor.

Obssesion.
Irion   2001-09-16 22:56
Hi!
Can anyone tell me, where to find soft quadro? I want to use my revelator on my computer ( hercules geforce 2 mx, win xp).

thanks,

Irion
barichello   2001-09-17 01:53
http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

somewhere in the middle of the article...
It's also advisable to download rivatuner as it enables cetain other key options. There's also an article on using softquadro.
DoubleHead   2001-09-23 21:42
Could anyone post the links to the mentioned software that were tested?
Noodle?
OI?
Derek Taylor   2001-10-09 02:08
Hi
Intersted in the second card you are using. I have an Elsa Gloria II and have been looking (in vain) for a second card to go with it. I have tested a slew of ATI cards all of which totally screw up my system (took me a while to get back to normal). But your config sounds similar. (I also have MSI 694d with dual 800). I just want to make sure 3Dstudio will work.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> The Best of the Best: OpenGL/GLX/Stero/Multi-monitor