Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 8 monitors?
Jed Hurt   2006-05-09 02:40
I am a tech setting up an 8 monitor system for a customer. I am having a hard time tracking down information on how to accomplish this. Hopefully, someone in this forum will know more than I do. Are there any good resources on the Internet for information on setting up such a system? I am assuming that 4 Dual-Video PCIe Cards with Windows XP would be the best way to accomplish this? I am looking forward to setting up this system and trying out UltraMon. I have read lots of great reviews!
Josh   2006-05-09 05:16
I don't know if that would be the best. Personally I'd most likely buy 2 quad cards to accomplish this.

Or you could buy one 8 head card. For example the "Colorgraphic Xentera GT 8" can do 8 monitors all by itself, although it's a PCI based card.

You can really use any combination you like. Lots of choices. Just be careful if you start using PCI cards as many of them need to be set as primary in the BIOS in order to work.
Jed Hurt   2006-05-09 07:08
I found the Matrox G200 Quad for about $200. I don't need anything fancy (just going to be displaying statistical data that updates about once an hour). I figure that two of these should get the job done. Thanks for the help!
Lennart   2006-05-09 22:24
Hi

The Gigabyte Royal Quad has 4 PCI Express x8 graphics card slots.
This combined with 4 identical Nvidia PCI Express graphic cards will give you the 8 screens you need. WIth the latest drivers you will get hardware accelerated 3D.

I havent tried this with 8 screens but it works well on 6 screens with 3 cards.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 8 monitors?