Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Integrated Video Displays with other cards?
Dayton Bruckner   2006-05-21 08:02
I have a dell computer, which you probably know, has an integrated video card and i'm wondering whether or not it is possible to run multiple cards. This is the card i'm looking to run, giving me 3 monitors. Would this be possible with the integrated card in a dell?

Thanks.
ECarlson   2006-05-21 13:57
In theory, it should work, since it is a PCI card (but no guarantees). If your computer has a PCI-e slot, a PCI-e video card might also work (and would have better performance, and no PCI bus loading). The only thing generally know to not work with onboard video is an AGP video card.

I hope you're not expecting lots of performance out of this combo, but it should be okay for regular 2D desktop work, like web browsing, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.

If you ever plan to get digital LCD monitors, I'd try to get a card with at least one, if not dual, DVI connectors, which will still work with VGA (usig DVI-VGA adapters), but will allow you to run digital LCD monitors.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Kaphis   2006-07-12 15:02
Yes~ as stated, AGP cards do not work because they share the same bridge~ Once the AGP card is in, the onboard will be disabled
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Integrated Video Displays with other cards?