Forums -> Multiple monitors -> weird problem-- widescreen/regular monitor
sheena   2006-05-22 17:54
hey all.
i'm having a really weird problem setting up a second monitor on my laptop (Acer Aspire 3000, WinXP)

i have a widescreen monitor as my primary (1280x800), and another older monitor as my secondary (1024x768). they both work fine, except when i choose to extend my desktop onto my secondary, for some reason everything on my primary screen enlarges. so, for example, if i want to see my clock in the bottom right, i have to move my mouse over to that area in order for the screen to scroll towards it.

i know that when i make my screen resolution larger it make the screen "scrollable", but with both monitors, it scrolls even with my normal resolution.

is there a way to get rid of that? i've tried everything i know of (which isnt that much) and nothing is working.

much appreciated.

sheena
WishMaster2020   2006-05-23 02:34
that's a video card driver setting issue. Depends on the brand of card as to the solution.
sheena   2006-05-23 03:02
name: SiS M760GX
chip type: SiS 760 Rev 00

thats what i get from directx diagnostics, so i'm assuming thats the brand.

sheena
n3twork   2006-06-11 14:26
Try setting the resolution on the laptop display to the 1200x 900 or such that it uses and the monitor to the same resolution... may or may not work.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> weird problem-- widescreen/regular monitor