Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dueal monitor for a dummy
Sharon   2006-05-24 04:27
I am not IT inclined. I bout a y adapter so I could use two minitors on one computer. Then I downloaded Ultramon. And all I am getting is a dual monitor with the same exact thing on each monitor and Ultramon things I only have one monitor installed on my machine.

Is there any way that is not too costly to get it to where I can have two monitors and one computer and I can have different programs up on each screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sharon
Christian Studer   2006-05-24 10:34
If your video card doesn't already support two monitors, for example via a blue (VGA) and white (DVI) connector, you would need to install an additional video card to drive the second monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Sharon   2006-05-25 02:40
Thank you. I went out and bout a video card yesterday and installed it. I plugged one into the video card and the other in the original port. I didn't work. I am off to get the adaptor for the white port off of the video card so I can plug the second monitor in. The card I got was an ATI Diamond Stealth x300...I hope this is a good one.

Would you go with the ATI software or use the Ultramon to manage the dual screens??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sharon
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dueal monitor for a dummy