Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Help required Please!
Rob McConachie   2001-07-27 20:53
Can nyone help?

Ok here's what it is:
I have 3 display cards but I only want 2 to work. Options are
AGP TNT2 M64 and
3dfx voodoo2 12Mb PCI *OR*
2Mb Diamond Viper (Weitek 9000) PCI

I've tried to get each of these to work in turn. MB is PCChips M577. BIOS has settings Pallette Snoop enable and PCI/AGP init first set to AGP. I'm running Me.

The TNT2 always wants to be primary in windows (I want it that way, but the PC says so too) and as such, disables or load the wrong drivers, or 2x TNT2 when I want the Viper and the TNT2. Switching it around (PCI init first) makes no difference. Also, whenever the PCI card is installed, the bootup comes up on it's monitor and not the AGP card, regardless of BIOS settings.

So that doesn't work.

Then I tried the Voodoo2 with the 2000 drivers that make it a display adapter. It installs OK and control panel shows both adapters, but settings won't show 2 monitors. Also, the voodoo2 only has a memory range (ie. no output ranges, IRQs etc.) Is there an Me driver for this (I know it's not designed to do this, but others have it working under 98)

If this all won't work then fine, but.... could you tell me what's wrong?

Sorry for the long post.
Thanks in advance
Rob
Christian Studer   2001-07-28 00:27
I don't think there is a Win98/Me driver to make the Voodoo2 work as a display adapter.

Not sure why it boots on the PCI card, I would check if there is a BIOS update available.

TNT2 and the Viper should work, try booting in safe mode, then remove all display adapters in Device Manager. This way, all drivers will be reinstalled on the next reboot, may help fix the problem.

Good luck,

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Rob McConachie   2001-07-28 03:22
Thanks for the help.

After a bit of BIOS fiddling, memory juggling and some finger crossing, I have the PCI Viper as primary and AGP TNT2 as secondary.

Now to swap them over....or maybe a GeForce PCI card...Hmmm

Cheers
Rob
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Help required Please!