Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Which PCI card with an AGP Nvidia Ti4200 ?
Alesiom   2006-06-05 19:40
Hello,

My motherboard card : Asus A7n8X deluxe
My AGP card : Nvidia Ti4200

Glad to have found this forum :)

I would like to use 3 monitors.

I have recently try to install a PCI card RADEON 7000 (HIS) but after few hours, the card didn't work and it was'nt possible to reinstall it under Win XP. (Error code 10)

Which PCI would you suggest me to try ? An Nvidia maybe but which one ? (the monitor is a 19")

Cheers,
Crow   2006-06-05 20:19
I had a NVidia GF4200 AGP running with a ATI Radeon 7500 PCI before I got my PCIe crad.
The trick is to set up windows with the PCI card as primary card first and then add the AGP card.

You might want to look at this Thread
David DeRolph   2006-06-07 00:52
I have an AGP nVidia Ti4200. For my second monitor, I installed a nVidia GeForce2 MX400 in a PCI slot. This was a very easy setup, since the PCI card used the same driver as the AGP card. For this reason, I recommend sticking with nVidia for your PCI card; there's less chance of any driver conflict, and two nVidia cards will likely use the same driver, as in my case. Also, if you want to use nVidia's nView Desktop Manager software to take advantage of some enhanced dual monitor features, that's probably going to work best with two nVidia cards.

I recently bought a GeForce4 MX440 PCI card for my mother's computer. Before installing it in her computer, I installed it in my computer, along with my GeForce2 MX400, and had three monitors connected. Worked fine. Again, all three cards used the same driver.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Which PCI card with an AGP Nvidia Ti4200 ?