Forums -> Multiple monitors -> My 3com Nic card is causing lock-ups on monitor 2 :( ....
riz   2001-07-29 11:45
I don't know how this came about but after no problems for weeks, my second display locks up within seconds of resizing or just having an open window on display 2... My system:

Win2k w/sp2
1.33 AMD Athlon
4n1 4.32 via drivers
256mb PC2100 ram
msi k7t266 pro mb
Radeon 64mb DDR (main - agp)
Radeon 32mb SDR (secondary - pci)
Newest ATI drivers (and have tried the new beta's and older drivers with no luck as well)
3com 3c905b-tx ethernet card

What I've found is that my display and ethernet cards are both on irq 11... my win2k won't allow me to change these manually (they're greyed out) so I pulled the nic card out and booted... my problems are gone completely (no crashes, 2nd display works correctly)... I changed PCI slots on the Nic card, still irq 11, still causes crashing >( I've basically tried all sorts of combinations for the Nic card and the PCI SDR Radeon... no working solution... if the nic card is in, my system crashes when display 2 is used.

The thing is, I had a perfectly working system for a couple of weeks with the same components.. I reformatted and all hell has broken loose and now, after clean installation after clean installation, I cannot use my second display with the nic card installed >( I've tried older drivers, newer drivers, basically every combonation I could think of... nothing fixes it :(

Any thoughts and advice is greatly appreciated,
riz
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> My 3com Nic card is causing lock-ups on monitor 2 :( ....