Forums -> Multiple monitors -> playing mpg files on windows mediaplayer on dual display
mudeem   2006-06-08 14:22
Hi,

I have an HP note book which has a integrated VGA. th laptop has a WinDVD version 5 installed. when i play mpg files on media player and take it on the extended display the media player shows a black screen. if i play mpg file on winDVD 5 and take it on the extended display it playes fine.

Now if i install WinDVD version 6, media player also starts working fine. that is i play the same mpg file on media player and take it on the extended display and everything is fine.

But i want to understand what exactly is going on. I know that on installation WinDVD 6 is setting somethings in the registry due to which media player starts working fine. I would like to understand exactly what WinDVD 6 installation might be doing which is making the media player to work. Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Mudeem
Christian Studer   2006-06-09 09:15
If these are MPEG2 files, it's probably due to the MPEG2 codec installed by the newer version of WinDVD.

This codec will also be used by Media Player to play MPEG2 files.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
n3twork   2006-06-11 13:53
Download VLC www.videolan.org

Best media player ever will play your dvd's on any display (except on my 2 meg pci card that doesn't like video all that much)
Paul   2006-06-23 00:28
Having downloaded that player, would have to agree with you, its the first time i have been able to play an uncompressed 32bit avi smoothly on my computer
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> playing mpg files on windows mediaplayer on dual display