Forums -> Multiple monitors -> quicker way to tvout?
daniel   2006-06-13 12:04
Ive had this problem a while, but have put up with it. I have 3 screens hooked up to my radeon 9600.
Screen 1 = Normal CRT
Screen 2 = Normal CRT
Screen 3 = Tv - hooked in through svideo

I only run x2 screens at once(as this is all the card can do) but when I want to watch a movie, I go into display properties--->advanced--->displays tab and enable the tv, here comes the problem.

Initially when in the "displays tab" I can see monitor 1 and 2 with a green button meaning they are enabled. When I click the tv and change it to a green button I have screen 1 and screen 3 "green" which is what i want. So I click apply, suddenly ONLY screen 1 is working, and if i go back into display properties---->advanced--->displays tab, ONLY screen 1 is green, and I have to RE-select the tv again and click apply again, to get it to work.

Once Ive finished with the TV I can select screen 2 again, and it changes properly straight away.

This happens every time, for over 12months Ive put up with it, but Im hoping somebody has a solution.. or better yet, a faster way of enabling the tv then having to go in/out of the display properties all the time
n3twork   2006-06-13 13:07
hmmm sounds like a driver issue if you ask me.
You could have something like UltraMon to have different setup's saved and switch from one to another. I have this on my ThinkPad laptop (not UltraMon but proprietary IBM software) and it works great.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> quicker way to tvout?