Forums -> UltraMon™ SDK -> Set which display is enumerated as "1"
James Mentz   2006-06-20 13:58
I have a laptop that is only multi-display when docked. When docked I like to change my primary monitor. During docking and undocking my PC sometimes "helps" me and reenumerates which display is "1" - thus breaking all of my VBScripts.

What API gets me the same info as EnumDisp.exe? I could parse the output and script a case for each enumeration. Even better, is there a call to set a display number? My laptop display should always have the same number, and I don't care what that number is.

James Mentz
Christian Studer   2006-06-21 08:20
The problem is that most laptop video chipsets will always set the primary monitor as #1.

I'm not aware of any way to change monitor numbering, but it's something I'm going to look into for UltraMon 3.

You can get information about all monitors via the Monitors property of the System object.

If you want to check if the system is docked or not, you can do this via the Docked property of the Utility object.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Danny   2009-02-25 22:59
i was wondering if you worked out a way to change the monitor numbering via a registery edit or something.
if so some technical information about it would be greatly appreciated.

Danny
Christian Studer   2009-02-26 09:30
I haven't looked into this yet.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ SDK -> Set which display is enumerated as "1"