Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Disadvantage Of Dual Head
alphadog   2001-08-03 03:59
I'd like to set myself up with two Viewsonic LCDs for a programming workstation with the occasional break in some intense 3D gaming. Are there any disadvatages to the dual-headed cards versus dual independant cards? Is it only about being able to have different resolutions on the monitors?

----------------

adog
Christian Studer   2001-08-03 09:49
If you want top-notch gaming performance, get AGP + PCI cards, see my Nvidia system for an example.

If you use Win2000: the Radeon VE and Nvidia TwinView cards don't have true multi-monitor support (Win2000 recognizes both monitors as a single large one). Matrox dualhead cards are the only ones with full Win2000 support.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
alphadog   2001-08-06 08:34
What is the disadvantage of having both heads perceived as a larger desktop, rather than truly independent adaptors? IOW, why would I get two MX cards, for example, rather than Twinhead one MX?

BTW, great site. I find myself linking others to it. Thanks for all your efforts!

adog

----------------

adog
Christian Studer   2001-08-06 09:10
Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding dualhead: see the FAQ for more information, also search the forums for 'dualhead' and 'twinview', there are several good discussions.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Disadvantage Of Dual Head