Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Force aplications to start on secondary
Lolita   2006-06-26 02:20
Is it posible to force aplications to start on secondary display (i have ati radeon) ?
David DeRolph   2006-06-26 14:40
I use a nVidia card, but I would think this is a Windows characteristic, not the video card. On my system, many programs open on the monitor on which they were last closed. Haven't you tried this?
Lolita   2006-06-26 17:44
I have tryed it, but it not like 'all aplication' but i will need to move every aplication first time (and if i image moving all ie. exploerer.exe windows it will be quite a pain ...)
David DeRolph   2006-06-27 02:10
Why do even want all applications to open on the secondary monitor? What's the point of having two monitors? For most people, I think the point is to use both monitors, having some applications on one, and some on the other.

Even if you, for whatever reason, want all apps to open on the secondary monitor, I don't see much pain in simply using the procedure I previously stated. Is there some reason you think you need to convert all apps to the secondary display at one time? Why? Would your world crumble if you missed an app and you later started it and it opened on the primary monitor? My goodness, such problems! LOL

Nevertheless, isn't there a simple way to accomplish this in one fell swoop? If I open Display Properties on my Win XP machine and select the Settings tab, and select the second monitor, I see a box to check to "Use this device as the primary monitor".
ECarlson   2006-06-27 11:30
The utilities included with the Matrox drivers for my G450 card have a setting to allow me to select which monitor all apps open on (though I've never used the setting). Did you check the ATI utilities for a similar setting?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Lolita   2006-06-28 10:03
Because i use primary monitor as HTPC omg ...

ATI don't have it, bug NVIDIA does so i bought new nvidia card, but now i have a problem, that taskbar hides when i run direct 3d aplication on fullscreen \:
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Force aplications to start on secondary