Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Power schemes and monitor standby
senatorface   2006-08-06 04:28
I run three monitors, one being a Sony HDTV and two being dell LCDs off of two video cards (9800 dvi+rgb and another video card). I've encountered multiple situations where I want one or two of the monitors to automatically enter standby mode as they would normally after 10 minutes, while the other one remains on.

As it currently is, though, after 10 minutes (my setting) all monitors will enter standby and cannot be used until the primary powers back up.

Is this a definite limitation, or just a WindowsXP power scheme limitation? I don't want to get rid of auto-standby after 10 minutes all together, but would like to exclude one monitor from joining the rest in it automatically.

Ultramon doesn't do it, and doesn't even allow monitor-specific screen saver settings. They too encompass all monitors.

Any ideas?
baddabing   2006-09-28 14:49
This is a feature I have been trying to find as well. I have a HTPC running XP Pro w/dual video cards. One card feeds the projector and the other video card feeds a touch screen that displays a program (Xlobby)that controls the theater hardware and media server.

I would like to have the control panel go into sleep/power save mode when not used for 'X' minutes and wake when the screen (USB Mouse emulation) is touched.

When I first posted this question a little over a year ago I was told that UltraMon was considering adding this capability. Is this still a possibility?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Power schemes and monitor standby