Forums -> Multiple monitors -> igfxpers.exe - not responding on shut-down
Frank   2006-08-08 16:41
On shut-down, "igfxpers.exe" does not respond and must be shut down manually. A search indicates it's developed by Intel (I do have an integrated intel graphics board on my laptop). Best I can tell, it started after installing Ultramon. Also, a quick look at task manager indicates that this process does persist on start-up but doesn't appear to have any activity.

Is this related to Ultramon? If so, is this file necessary and/or is there a solution?

Thanks.
Christian Studer   2006-08-09 08:23
Please try if you still have the problem if UltraMon isn't running or is uninstalled. My guess would be that this isn't related to UltraMon.

I tested on a laptop with an Intel 855GM video chipset and driver version 14.19.50, but noticed no problems during shutdown.

igfxpers.exe does seem to be part of the Intel video driver, but I don't know if it can be safely disabled or not.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Frank   2006-08-11 23:07
Thanks, Christian. I did uninstall ultramon and had the same problem; then reinstalled the intel video drivers - which did the trick. Thanks.

For reference, I have a dell e1505 with the integrated intel 945GM graphics chipset.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> igfxpers.exe - not responding on shut-down