Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Window positions on secondary monitor when running full screen game on primary
Ray   2006-08-15 19:59
Before I installed ultramon, if I ran a full screen game on the primary then any windows on the 2nd monitor would shift position their position to the right (I assume because of the different resolution the game is running in, compared to the desktop res).

Now, when exiting the game, the resolutions would restore and the windows adjust back to their correct positions.

With UltraMon, when in a game the windows on 2nd monitor seem to lock to their position which is great, but when exiting the game the windows then shift to the left (as if Windows was trying to restore their position, even though not necessary) spilling onto the primary monitor.

Is there any way to fix this so I dont have to keep adjusting window positions all the time?
Christian Studer   2006-08-16 02:57
That's most likely not related to UltraMon, my guess would be that the monitor positions or the primary monitor have been changed.

See the FAQ for possible workarounds for this issue.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Ray   2006-08-16 18:06
It seems like a partial UltraMon issue. As I said, without UltraMon the windows shift but get restored to their correct position when exiting a game.

With UltraMon, the windows dont shift, but get 'restored' still after exiting, thus moving them into the primary monitors work space.
Christian Studer   2006-08-17 01:59
Do you have configured custom display settings for the game via UltraMon?

Ray   2006-08-17 02:46
Nope, no profiles setup at all
Christian Studer   2006-08-17 08:49
One thing you could try: go to UltraMon menu > Wallpaper > Options and uncheck 'adjust wallpaper when display configuration changes'.

n3twork   2006-08-23 15:58
Thanks for the info I have a similar problem this may help with but on a side note if you run ultramon and wanna play a agame of starcraft you'll have to kill ultramon or deal with the funky water colors.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Window positions on secondary monitor when running full screen game on primary