Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dvd on secondary monitor
barichello   2001-08-06 22:46
i'we heard there aren't alot of dvdplayer that support secondary monitors.
i read somewhere on this site that you can use mediaplayer 6.4 and directx8 to watch videos fullscreen on secondary windows without any problems. I found on the internet a codec that enables mediaplayer to play back dvd *.vob files. It works for me on my monitor, but as i don't have multi-monitors (yet!), i don't know if it'll work on secondary monitors. I'm not sure if these drivers are freeware or cracked software, i just found them so don't blame me! i think they're still here:

ftp://149.2.132.51:21/_private/mpeg2

response about if it works or not would be appreciated!
bye
barichello   2001-08-06 23:04
sorry, hadn't read about zoomplayer yet!
Christian Studer   2001-08-06 23:13
A quick note on Zoom Player: fullscreen only works on each monitor if use the same resolution for all monitors. I already talked with the author, but unfortunately there are currently no plans to fix the problem.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
@hlon   2001-08-07 01:41
With Zoom Player i simply use the Zoom option instead of fullscreen, and manually alter the size and position of the picture so it shows normally on the secondary 17" monitor(and shows up to the left side and smaller when put onto my primary 19"...but if i want to watch stoff on it, i use Fullscreen mode instead, which stays set up properly). I must say that the Zoom option has come in handy for me, since i have a friend who insistes on alterning the aspect ratio of his movies so they look bigger on his monitor...ugh, hehe...hopefully ive convinved him to do this after the fact, cause it spoils the movie for everyone else when he does that :P

Can Zoom Player play VOB's off a DVD or must they be decrypted onto the hard drive first ? I ask because i tried direct and the results were, odd :P I'll rip one to the HD later to see if that makes a difference (i imagine it does).

Finally,i just started downloading the DX8 SDK to try getting this DVDSample player (saw a post of yours on Christian on a M$ newsgroup with the link to go get it from the MSDN site) which works on the secondary monitor.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dvd on secondary monitor