Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 Monitors
Chris Mousseau   2006-09-08 12:22
Ok I am trying to run 3 monitors at once to make a single large streched screen. I play Oblivion and other games that support it on. I have a GeForce 7800 GS OC AGP card. What would be the cheapest way to get that third monitor running? I heard options of getting a pci card or a triplehead2go box (too expensive for me). So would any pci card work, since there are no chipsets equivalent to my agp card? And after reading more here two video cards seem to not work. So anyone find a cheap way to handle this problem.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Kyle   2006-09-08 17:31
I have a GeForce 7800 in my PCIe slot and a random PCI card that works fine for my third monitor (or rather, it used to work fine until a few days ago, but that's not the PCI card's fault).
n3twork   2006-09-09 16:20
Any pci card will do as long as it has enuff memory for what you want it to do . The pny Geforce 5200FX is on sale at tigerdirect.ca for about 80$ it as 256 megs of memory is pci and has dual VGA out (you could have 4 monitors)
Chris Mousseau   2006-09-10 13:37
Yeah I just got a FX5500, but is there a way to span monitors to play a game on all three even though the monitors run on seperate video cards? I am trying to run oblivion on three monitors and I am having no luck so far. Any help is appreciated.
Chris Mousseau   2006-09-10 23:49
I was wondering if a DVI to 2x VGA cable will allow me to run the tweo monitors that are connected to it in span mode while setting up the third monitor in my other vga port? I saw something familar to this in a review http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/reviews/parhelia/

Thanks for your help

Chris
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 Monitors