Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple Monitor using Remote Desktop
Gerald   2006-09-10 00:57
I have a dual monitor system at work. I also have a dual monitor system at home. When I remote desktop from home, I can only see the primary desktop. I would like to see both my monitors at work on both monitors at home. Is there software or configurations that I can use?

I am using a PC running Remote Desktop.
David DeRolph   2006-09-18 00:59
I believe Symantec's PCAnywhere works with dual monitors. Here's a review that confirms this: http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/reviews/pcanywhere/
ECarlson   2006-09-18 13:42
With remote desktop, you're not even seeing the real desktop, you're seeing a virtual desktop. This virtual desktop can be set to a different resolution than the real desktop, though it usually can't be set higher than a single display on the client computer.

RAdmin 3.0 is supposed to support dual monitors (it accesses the real desktop, not a virtual desktop), and it is far cheaper than PCAnywhere (which also accesses the real desktop), though it is only in Beta at this time.

I use both RAdmin 2.2 and remote desktop, but neither supports accessing both monitors on the host side.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
n3twork   2006-09-22 13:10
realvnc shows you all your desktops or you can connect to one individually
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple Monitor using Remote Desktop