Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multi-Monitor, Multi-System
Sal   2006-09-11 00:43
There seems to be no applications that support running multiple monitors on multiple systems.

System 1 is a desktop with one monitor, system 2 is a laptop with 2 monitors. They are linked together with a software KVM that allows me to go between the two.

It's a nice setup but getting wallpapers to look nice is a pain and also there is no screensaver that will work between all three. Anyone know of an addon for Ultra-mon or a seperate application that supports this?
ECarlson   2006-09-11 10:39
Synergy

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Jake   2006-09-11 17:53
ECarlson hit the nail on the head with that suggestion, Synergy is a great program, I'm running it currently, it works beautifully and one thing that I was worried about is whether or not it would lag, I play games on the client computers and I've once turned off the computer without the game forgetting that that is the computer with the keyboard and mouse connected!
ecarlson   2007-10-23 15:06
FYI: I finally got around to trying Synergy. I have my Windows XP computer set up as the server (with the mouse and keyboard), and an Ubuntu linux box set up as the client (with its own monitor). I can now use my one keyboard and mouse to control both computers without having to use a KVM.

It appears to be pretty seemless: whichever screen I move the mouse to also gets the keyboard.

The trickiest part was figuring out that on the Windows side, I had to add 2 entries for direction of mouse travel: I had to specify that the Linux PC was on the right side of the Windows PC, AND I also had to specify that the Windows PC was on the left side of the Linux PC; otherwise, I could only move the mouse in one direction, and then couldn't move it back, but it works fine now that I added both settings.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multi-Monitor, Multi-System