Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multiple monitors with NVS400 PCI and X2 3800 CPU
Wildpig   2006-09-12 17:29
quick question. Just wondering if anyone also experiencing the same problem as me. First my configuration:

Asus A8V Deluxe Socket 939
Just upgraded to A64 X2 3800+ CPU. Was single core 3400+ before

Nvidia 7800GS AGP
Nvidia NVS400 PCI
(This totals 5 DVI and 1 DSUB outputs hooked up to 3 HD projectors and a 1080p lcd and a crt)

4 GB DDR400
Western digital 120 gb main HD
2xMaxtor 30 GB Raid0
Sony DRU-500A DVDR

My problem: after the upgrade to x2 CPU any time I try to play xvid on the PCI desktop, the computer would crash. It would crash especially even faster if on top of playing the xvid on the PCI desktop, I copy files from DVD drive to hd or if I fast forward and backward the video.

Again, the problem is limited to video played on the PCI desktop. If i enable the PCI desktop but play the video on the AGP desktop and do some nonvideo things such as browsing internet (working on this msg right now ;), then it won't crash.

I have tried just about everything including new SP1, SP2, 64 bit SP1, tried dual core hotfixes, etc, PCI latency settings, etc, All nothing.

If i go back to using the single core , then it the problem of computer crashing with video on PCI desktop goes away.

Anyone got any suggestions or thought?

Wildpig
Kyle M   2006-09-22 18:33
Sounds to me more like issues with Xvid than your setup. Has you checked online to see if anyone else has this problem on their setup?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multiple monitors with NVS400 PCI and X2 3800 CPU