Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 10 vid outputs on one PC, or multiple PC's displaying to 10 screens
Video Geek   2006-09-13 08:07
I am new to this multiscreen type of setup. If I wanted 8 monitors to each display a different screen but I need the animation on each screen to be timed together is this best to do with a single computer or some kind of network synch variable. I would like one control panel to have its own screen and the results on this control panel change the view on all 8 monitors exactly at the same time but different views.
For the best animation what kind of hardware should be used? For bandwidth reasons is it best to synch multiple computers or one very powerful machine? Thanks for any hardware and software tips!
Kyle M   2006-09-22 18:40
Depending on what type of animations you plan on doing, you will get lag no matter what if you are sending graphics through multiple cards to display certain parts of graphics. The biggest multiple monitor card I have knowledge of is the Xentera GT 8. It comes in PCI Thats 8 monitors but not 10. They are also quite pricy at around 700-800. Like I said though, it depends on the type of graphics you want to display.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 10 vid outputs on one PC, or multiple PC's displaying to 10 screens