Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Wallpapers for different resolutions
kelesh   2001-08-14 04:52
I have 3 monitors:

19" Mag DJ800 @ 1280x1024
17" Optiquest Q71 @ 1152x864
15" Sony Trinitron @ 1024x768

How can I have the same wallpaper stretched to fill each monitor? It always shows them at the resolution of the lowest monitor and has a big fat border around it for the rest of the desktop. I don't want to enable active desktop. How can I have this?
Terry   2001-08-14 10:13
Not sure if you can do it without ActiveDesktop.

Why not load up PaintShop Pro (or whatever) then cut and size the picture to your satisfaction?

Terry
kelesh   2001-08-15 09:45
no matter what size i use, it makes all 3 displays use the resolution of the lowest monitor. on monitors with higher resolution, it shows a big solid bar around them and centers the display inside this bar. this is gay. resizing a .bmp in paintshop pro will not help
@hlon   2001-08-18 23:51
Are you wanting one wallpaer to span all monitors, or be displayed full screen on each individual monitor ?

Either way, just pre modify your image to the correct sizes and then tile it. The way it tiles does differ from OS to OS, but its easily worked out (actually, what OS are you using ? ).

In my experience, 'streatching' makes the image the size of the primary monitor, and the lower res screens get that size of image placed on them centered. This suggests your using the smallest screen as your primary. In some cases you can get them to stretch fully to the size of both monitors individually, but not that common, so its easier to make a modified image

If you like, send me an email (click on the name) with the picture your wanting to use, and a better overview of your setup (what screen is where, which is primary, whether you want a spanned wallpaper or multiple copies of same image, but all fullscreen) and ill make you up a wallpaper you can just tile.
@hlon   2001-08-18 23:54
Ok, silly me, i can tell you want multiple copies of the same image, which is easily fixed, send me a pic with a mention of what OS, and how your monitors are set up, and ill fire a modified pic back at ya.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Wallpapers for different resolutions