Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Matrox TripleHead2Go and DualHead2Go
Kyle M   2006-10-11 22:50
I was looking at these, and they seem too good to be true. If anyone has one of these and games with it at decent frames per second, can you post what setup you have?
jbigger   2006-10-12 10:55
Glad to....
I built my latest system 2 weeks ago
and all i can say is WOW!!

upgraded components:

1. Intel Core2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz Socket 775
2. Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Socket 775 Motherboard
3. OCZ 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Platinum XTC (2x1024)
4. XFX GeForce 7600 GT XXX 256MB PCIe w/Dual DVI

I got an sli motherboard so I could add another card if it needed it. (but I didn't!!)

I used Doom 3 as the first test because it is a pretty demanding game. I can run any game I tried with full graphics and run my mouse back and forth as fast as I can and there is absolutely no lag accross all 3 19" dells @ 3840x1024. *it is truly amazing*

So far I have run:

Doom3
Call of duty
Medal of honor (and spearhead)
Rise of nations
Command & conquer red alert 3
Elderscrolls morrowind
Rise of nations
World of warcraft
Jedi knight2 outcast
Mafia
It is so cool that I finally started paying the monthly fee for EVE online. (which I play everyday)

On some games, most notably Doom 3 (so far)there is a odd "fish eye" effect, but it didnt bother me much.

I bought all of the stuff (except triplehead2go)
from tigerdirect. total cost was around $1300.00

I could'nt be happier. Although after I ordered the stuff, I read some horror stories on newegg about the board that had me worried. But it went together fine and I feel I have obtained the 3 monitor gaming experience I have always dreamed of.

Theres my input... now back to EVE...
jbigger
jbigger   2006-10-12 11:07
OOps...missed some

also ran:

Return to castle wolenstien
Alien vs. predator 2
Halflife 2
Neverwinter nights (and expansions)

and once again....WoW!!!

jbigger
Kyle M   2006-10-12 22:30
My new setup will be the 7950 gx2's but to get the full experience of it. I want to be able to make use of all 3 monitors. One more question. I just hate having to full screen and it goes across all 3 monitors, and the start bar spanning across all 3 as well. My resolutions will all be the same still but will it register as 3 different virtual monitors?
Kyle M   2006-10-12 22:37
Ok ignore last post about the resolutions, just read up on the product not long ago and saw what I wanted to see, but noticed something else in the process. Would I notice any visable difference from my current 75 hertz refresh rate to TH2G's 60 hertz?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Matrox TripleHead2Go and DualHead2Go