Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 monitors problem
ramix   2006-10-14 20:48
hi all, i'm tring to connect 2 monitors to my computer, i have 2 video cards :
1. AJP. NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 MODEL 64
2. PCI. CIRRUS LOGIC 5446
does they work together or i must have 2 same cards!
now i get a yello (!) sign on the PCI card on the hardware manager. and the second screen doesn't work.
generaly, is it possible to connect a PCI and AGP together?

www.byramix.com
www.3arabiyat.net
www.brinji.com
David DeRolph   2006-10-18 05:55
Wow, no posts in this forum since 10/16.

Sure, you can use a PCI video card and AGP card together. If you look at the database of configurations right here in this website, you'll see many such combinations. It's commonly done to support multiple monitors.

I think the best situation is to have two cards of the same brand. That minimizes the possibility of driver conflict. I've used two nVidia cards, and they used the same driver.

In your case, I think you've got a very old PCI card there. Am I right? Is your OS Win XP? Did you find a Win XP driver for that card?
N3twork   2006-10-18 21:18
It should work what you need to do is go into your computer bios and set it to boot from pci first. The option should be label video boot and you should be able to select AGP or PCI you most likely have it set to AGP. Select PCI. When you boot the machine it should post to your PCI board (your motherboard info should be shown on the monito hooked up to the pci card). Then once windows is loaded it should see both cards. Old PCI cards require to be the first to boot newer cards don't mind so much and some old cards have jumpers that allows them to boot up with windows as opposed to with the machine.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 monitors problem