Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Items in taskbar rearranged (randomly sorted) when enabling secondary display
Micah Friesen   2006-10-20 04:17
I am running a laptop at WSXGA+ (1680x1050). I have a secondary display running 1280x1024 that is plugged in at the office but not at home. When enabling my secondary display using UltraMon, the items in the taskbar on my primary monitor are suddenly re-sorted, seemingly at random. This is highly annoying, as I have certain applications always open, and always in the same order. Does anyone know why this happens, or how to suppress it?

Note: The taskbar on my primary display is along the left side of my screen, while the secondary display is configured to be to the left of my primary display, and its taskbar is along the bottom.

Thanks.
Micah
Christian Studer   2006-10-20 08:43
UltraMon repopulates the taskbars when a monitor gets enabled or disabled, this may cause the task button order to change.

I'm not aware of a workaround for this. Support for preserving the task button order will be considered for UltraMon 3.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Wild Willy   2018-10-04 11:37
This appears to be an issue still in UM3. I'd really love it if this were addressed.
Christian Studer   2018-10-04 14:16
This was never implemented, and currently there are no plans to add new features to the Smart Taskbar.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Wild Willy   2018-10-04 22:25
But this isn't about the Smart Taskbar. The ordinary built-in Taskbar provided by Microsoft is affected. When I enable the secondary monitor, the primary Taskbar on the primary monitor, not the Smart Taskbar, gets all of its icons rearranged. I'd rather that didn't happen.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Ulramon 3.4.1
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Items in taskbar rearranged (randomly sorted) when enabling secondary display