Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Secondary monitor via DVI to VGA adpator
Ed   2006-10-22 12:02
Hello all, hope you can help me. I have a PC with a x1950xtx installed. I have 2 monitors, a dell 2407wfp and a samsung 172x. I am trying to make the dell my primary monitor and the samsung my secondary.

The video card has 2 dvi connectors and I have the dell connected to the primary port via dvi cable and the samsung connected to the secondary port using a dvi to vga cable (i know the samsung has dvi too but that is being used by a second computer ).

Now when Windows boots up, both monitors work as expected, displaying bios info etc. I can see the loading screen of Windows on both screens. But when I get into Windows I cannot get the Samsung (which is connected with dvi to vga cable) to display anything despite it being enabled. I have tried with both catalyst drivers and ultramon, and it does say the monitor is working (and I can move my mouse off the screen) but there is simply no picture getting through to the monitor. Can anyone explain this and suggest a fix for this as I would really like to figure it out.

Thanks in advance
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Secondary monitor via DVI to VGA adpator